Sunday, January 11, 2009

It Has Begun

It has now been one full week since my family, that is Sandy, myself and our two kids Molly and Baxter, loaded almost everything we own in a brand new 2010 Heartland Landmark fifth wheel trailer and left our house in Colorado for the open road. We wanted to head out to somewhere warmer for the winter (see what the snow-birds do), so we drove south to Texas. the first day the high was 88. little bit of a change from December in Colorado. The second day we were here it was 32 degrees with freezing rain all morning. I thought that Colorado had wacky weather, but almost 90 one day and freezing the next is really crazy.

Adjusting to life in a 40 foot trailer is going pretty well. I have had quite a bit of experience camping in RV's but it is all new for Sandy, Molly, and Baxter. We had to rearrange the location of the dinning table to make room for the kids cage, they really don't know what to do without it. by the way Molly and Baxter are six month old Corgi Puppies. We are not putting children in cages. The biggest adjustment for them is losing their yard. Now we have to walk them on leashes to the pet area at the campground. They are starting to get the idea that going outside on a leash means it is time to go potty and not just time to play a run around.

Sandy is working some odd hours, so I am attempting to adjust my sleeping times too. I have been staying up till about 4a.m. and sleeping until Sandy comes home and then going back to bed mid morning and sleeping until noon or so. I am hoping that I can find some kind of night shift work here. I applied as a night shift receiver/ stocker for Home Depot. I am enjoying not working right now as it has given me time to do a lot of cooking in the wonderful kitchen of our Landmark Augusta. In the last week I have made margarita pie, beef strognoff, orange biltz casserole, tequila lime chicken with green rice, rice pudding, and pan fried sweet onion chicken. The kitchen design was one of the biggest factors in choosing the Landmark because I love cooking almost as much as I like eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment